Sunday, December 07, 2014

2014 Reflections

As I reflect over the year,  I am amazed at the changes that have occurred.  It makes me wonder what will happen next year.  We have lost some good people,  and we have added to the family.

This year, I lost one of my favorite uncles.  Frank Griffin went home to be with the Lord.  He had battled many cancers,  but he could not beat lung cancer.  There is a praise that comes from this - I will see him again.  His doctor led him to accept Christ as his Savior.  This was a prayer of my family's for a long time.  Frank is having the best Christmas this year. I also lost a friend in Ohio who lost her battle with ALS.

In Michael's family, there have been a lot of happy times. One of his nephew's, Kyle, got married,  two of his nephews became fathers for the first time,  and another nephew, Geoff, is getting married in two weeks.  There was one more change,  but I'll tell about that one later. We are so happy to watch all these boys become responsible young men.

We were able to go to Gulf Shores with my parents this summer. It was a fun week. Michael and the girls went surf fishing,  we went shopping,  and we got to spend quality time together.  I can't wait to go back next summer.

Updates on our immediate family:

Rachel is in seventh grade.  Yes, that means she is in middle school.  She has become very interested in drawing and is really good at it.

Abigail is a junior in high school.  She received her class ring in September. She also got her driver's license in October. Thankfully our insurance didn't increase too much.  She went on her first international mission trip in April to Nicaragua and loved it.  I hope she will continue to have a heart to help others.

The big news comes from Andrew and Jessica.  They gave us a great present on Thanksgiving day - they became parents to a beautiful baby girl.  Her name is Maylee Ann.  She weighed seven pounds, one ounce and was 20 3/4 inches long.  That means Michael and I are grandparents. You can call us Grand Rock and Gigi.

Like I said - lots of changes. Such is life, right? This is what keeps us going and growing. 2014is just about gone.  I pray that 2015 will be filled with more thrills and for all.




No comments: